Moving to Paris and setting up a new home gave us the wonderful opportunity to decorate a new space, including my daughter’s room. Freya is of also the age where she can participate in making her space unique.
When it comes to decorating a kid’s room I believe in ‘more is more’. This is one of the rooms where you can add a lot of stimulating features, making it very playful using objects and color. You just need to make sure colorful doesn’t become messy, which can be difficult.
Natural Colors for Kids
If you are looking for something organic and natural, it can be beautiful to decorate your kid’s wall with pressed flowers. This even works well with a minimalistic design in mind. Picking flowers for the display is an enjoyable time in nature where you can bond to find your child’s favorites. Learning a little bit about seasonal flowers as well!
Pressing flowers becomes perfect well-rounded afternoon activity.
How to Create a Pressed Flower Display
- Spend some time in nature and choose flowers together with your kid(s)
- Pick a heavy favorite book – maybe have a little story time…
- Press between the pages of the book – somewhere dark and cool
- Buy a simple frame (or if you are handy you can make your own) and press between the glass
- Hang it on the wall and enjoy!
Read more about Moving from Stockholm to Paris