April is all about Vacay! – parental leave is no longer as calm as the first months with Bei. He’s a big boy now, moving around our last furniture and showing his will. Both his parents are tired, it been a long winter with 8 months of sleep deprivation. It’s tiring looking at the same walls all day long, especially now with most of our home is a downscaled baby proof home.
So how did we manage, first we picked a destination, where We feel safe! The Biggest hurdle is down. So off we went to Sicily! We took a place close to water, so it would make an easy access, and decided that it needed to be so beautiful that we could stay put – And IT was!
Then there was the sun – how to keep this boy occupied during the brightest hours. So morning stroll with mum or dad at 9 and then a nap in the shade until he woke up. A little swim and then the lunch inside. At 3 we bring him out under an umbrella that is kept in the shade until he naps again. The remaining time the sun can easily be handled with clothes, a cap and some organic sunscreen on hands and feets. Bei loved to swim – so that’s What we did! When we didn’t eat!
BABY TRAVEL KIT
- A mixer so we could make mash from all the good Sicilian produce
- To go smoothies and porridge, on the road.
- Sunblock, organic and kids friendly for those areas that can’t be covered
- Sunhat or Cap
- Blankets for chilly nights or to use as sunblocking Before you buy that ugly “SPF 50 Umbrella”!
- Traveling Stroller/Carriage